Home » News » Public Safety
Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze
CAMPTON — A woman injured her hip when she fell while trying to escape a smoky fire at her Route 3 home Monday night.
Fire Chief Daniel Defosses said the woman, whose name he did not know, made it to the front door of her 1298 Route 3 home where firefighters helped her out. She was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
One other person was home at the time of the blaze.
Defosses said the fire, reported at 11:10 p.m., was in a bedroom.
"It was a small, smoldering fire," he said. "It looks like it possibly started in a lamp, but it definitely was accidental."
Firefighters quickly extinguished it, he said.
Assisting Campton firefighters were crews from Plymouth and Ashland.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 2
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Hooksett vetos Pinkerton schools deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'