Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze
CAMPTON - A woman injured her hip when she fell while trying to escape a smoky fire at her Route 3 home Monday night.Fire Chief Daniel Defosses said the woman, whose name he did not know, made it to the front door of her 1298 Route 3 home where firefighters helped her out. She was transported to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.One other person was home at the time of the blaze.Defosses said the fire, reported at 11:10 p.m., was in a bedroom."It was a small, smoldering fire," he said. "It looks like it possibly started in a lamp, but it definitely was accidental."Firefighters quickly extinguished it, he said.Assisting Campton firefighters were crews from Plymouth and Ashland.