Home » News » Public Safety
Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough
Route 43 in Deerfield was slippery after a fresh coat of snow on Monday morning. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
Roads had a thin coating of snow in the morning, leading to several cars veering off Interstate 93 before even getting out of Manchester.
"The conditions change so quickly, it's almost a flash freeze. As soon as that temperature dropped, the ice froze up quickly," Encarnacao said. "Once they do start to drop, you really need to pay attention and slow down."
"Usually the first storm of the year sneaks up on people. I think this one fooled lot of people because there wasn't lot of snow," he said. "There were just a lot of accidents out there. There was no main, major accident involving serious personal injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'