Home » News » Public Safety
Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough
Route 43 in Deerfield was slippery after a fresh coat of snow on Monday morning. (DAVID LANE/UNION LEADER)
Roads had a thin coating of snow in the morning, leading to several cars veering off Interstate 93 before even getting out of Manchester.
"The conditions change so quickly, it's almost a flash freeze. As soon as that temperature dropped, the ice froze up quickly," Encarnacao said. "Once they do start to drop, you really need to pay attention and slow down."
"Usually the first storm of the year sneaks up on people. I think this one fooled lot of people because there wasn't lot of snow," he said. "There were just a lot of accidents out there. There was no main, major accident involving serious personal injuries.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 4
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?