Home » News » Public Safety
Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash
Two people required hospital treatment after a car struck a tractor-trailer which flipped over and spilled sand on Route 125 on the Barrington-Lee line. (NH STATE POLICE)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:53 p.m. after an accident occurred near the intersection of Route 125 — Calef's Highway — and Pinkham Road, which is about a quarter-mile from the Barrington town line.
The names of the drivers have not been released.
Nemet said McGregor Ambulance crews brought both drivers to Wentworth- Douglass Hospital in Dover
"We know it's a serious crash," Armaganian said, adding a heavy tow truck was called to the scene.
At 4 p.m., the highway remained shut down around the accident scene and was expected to be closed for another couple of hours for sand to be removed, the tractor-trailer turned upright and the truck's fuel tanks emptied, Vetter said.
Barrington Fire Chief Rick Walker said one engine from Barrington responded to assist at the scene, but they returned to town around 3:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads