Home » News » Public Safety
Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash
Two people required hospital treatment after a car struck a tractor-trailer which flipped over and spilled sand on Route 125 on the Barrington-Lee line. (NH STATE POLICE)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:53 p.m. after an accident occurred near the intersection of Route 125 — Calef's Highway — and Pinkham Road, which is about a quarter-mile from the Barrington town line.
The names of the drivers have not been released.
Nemet said McGregor Ambulance crews brought both drivers to Wentworth- Douglass Hospital in Dover
"We know it's a serious crash," Armaganian said, adding a heavy tow truck was called to the scene.
At 4 p.m., the highway remained shut down around the accident scene and was expected to be closed for another couple of hours for sand to be removed, the tractor-trailer turned upright and the truck's fuel tanks emptied, Vetter said.
Barrington Fire Chief Rick Walker said one engine from Barrington responded to assist at the scene, but they returned to town around 3:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief