Home » News » Public Safety
Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash
Two people required hospital treatment after a car struck a tractor-trailer which flipped over and spilled sand on Route 125 on the Barrington-Lee line. (NH STATE POLICE)
Police, firefighters and emergency personnel responded at 1:53 p.m. after an accident occurred near the intersection of Route 125 — Calef's Highway — and Pinkham Road, which is about a quarter-mile from the Barrington town line.
The names of the drivers have not been released.
Nemet said McGregor Ambulance crews brought both drivers to Wentworth- Douglass Hospital in Dover
"We know it's a serious crash," Armaganian said, adding a heavy tow truck was called to the scene.
At 4 p.m., the highway remained shut down around the accident scene and was expected to be closed for another couple of hours for sand to be removed, the tractor-trailer turned upright and the truck's fuel tanks emptied, Vetter said.
Barrington Fire Chief Rick Walker said one engine from Barrington responded to assist at the scene, but they returned to town around 3:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Musher Seavey wins Alaska's Iditarod dogsled race; woman with NH ties finishes second - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus