Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest
Overall, interest has been low in the sessions, no matter how much outreach they do, Curtis said.
Curtis said people now without health insurance do not seem concerned about having insurance on Jan. 1, and may be waiting until closer to the enrollment period deadline of March 31, or risk paying a penalty.
“It is a huge new law so people need to understand what the law is and people who haven’t had insurance before need to know how that works,” Curtis said.
Curtis said most questions she receives pertain to the actual insurance plans being offered by Anthem, the only insurance carrier available through the New Hampshire Health Insurance Exchange and how to choose one.
“Some people who still won’t be able to afford the marketplace are going to be exempt from the marketplace,” Curtis said.
Curtis said there are navigators across the state available to help residents understand and take advantage of the new health care law.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jonah Goldberg: There was a time when we stood up to threats against free speech - 0
- Why I voted against the 'CRomnibus' spending bill - 18
- Another View -- Devon Chaffee: Why interrogators believe America should never torture - 2
- David Harsanyi: GOP establishment, stop whining - 0
- John Stossel: Individual giving beats government giving - 3
- BANANAS and NH's energy needs - 5
- Gruber should have been Time's 'Person of the Year' - 5
- In NH, overhunting of RINOs is causing problems - 24
- Another View -- Shawn Jasper: It is time to get to work for the people of NH - 16
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'