Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest
Overall, interest has been low in the sessions, no matter how much outreach they do, Curtis said.
Curtis said people now without health insurance do not seem concerned about having insurance on Jan. 1, and may be waiting until closer to the enrollment period deadline of March 31, or risk paying a penalty.
“It is a huge new law so people need to understand what the law is and people who haven’t had insurance before need to know how that works,” Curtis said.
Curtis said most questions she receives pertain to the actual insurance plans being offered by Anthem, the only insurance carrier available through the New Hampshire Health Insurance Exchange and how to choose one.
“Some people who still won’t be able to afford the marketplace are going to be exempt from the marketplace,” Curtis said.
Curtis said there are navigators across the state available to help residents understand and take advantage of the new health care law.
READER COMMENTS: 7
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
- Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council - 1
- Insurance exchange: NH Dems, GOP switch sides - 2
- Bottle store blues: The useless grocery mandate - 2
- Finding city revenue: Seek more private partners - 0
- Putin's freedom: Obama's weakness - 42
- Safe seats, frequent flyers - 0
- Sports volunteers: Eric Mommsen embodies the spirit - 0
- Issa drops in: Doesn't match media slant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Turkey vultures not commonly seen in NH until fairly recently
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief