Home » News » Health » Affordable Care Act
In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest
Overall, interest has been low in the sessions, no matter how much outreach they do, Curtis said.
Curtis said people now without health insurance do not seem concerned about having insurance on Jan. 1, and may be waiting until closer to the enrollment period deadline of March 31, or risk paying a penalty.
“It is a huge new law so people need to understand what the law is and people who haven’t had insurance before need to know how that works,” Curtis said.
Curtis said most questions she receives pertain to the actual insurance plans being offered by Anthem, the only insurance carrier available through the New Hampshire Health Insurance Exchange and how to choose one.
“Some people who still won’t be able to afford the marketplace are going to be exempt from the marketplace,” Curtis said.
Curtis said there are navigators across the state available to help residents understand and take advantage of the new health care law.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 0
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 14
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus