Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team
Central Principal Ronald Mailhot would not confirm that students had been suspended, but he said the school took "measures that were necessary." He said he now wants to meet with his Trinity counterpart to discuss what Central feels happened during the game.
But at Trinity, Principal Denis Mailloux said he's reviewed a video that includes the brawl and saw nothing that would cause him to suspend Trinity students or discipline coach Steve Burns or any assistant coaches.
The brawl can be seen via a Youtube search for NH Sports Page football Central vs Trinity Turkey Bowl highlights. (LINK)
The brawl happened during the Turkey Bowl, a Manchester Thanksgiving tradition that pits the top two city high school football teams against each other. Trinity was enjoying a lopsided score in the third quarter when a Central High player made a delayed hit on a Trinity player, according to the video.
"It's not right for a grown man to be in a minor's face," said the player, who said he was suspended for pushing a Trinity coach.
"I don't know how none of their players are not getting suspended," said the suspended Central player, who said he was hit in the chin by an adult he believes was a Trinity coach.
Trinity's Maillhoux said he'd want to know more about any assault or taunting, but only from Central authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School group favors opening JROTC at Nashua high school - 0
- Athletics Dept. employee at UNH fired over 'invasion of privacy' - 0
- Loeb School spring classes include travel writing - 0
- Windham ready to open a 'Little Shop of Horrors' - 0
- Salem to decide fate of $75m school proposal - 0
- Allenstown parents mobilize to stave off $1 million school budget cut - 0
- Busy week for voters in Hollis, Brookline - 0
- Nashua to debate school spending - 0
- Test scores tell tale of one city, several towns - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council