Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team
Central Principal Ronald Mailhot would not confirm that students had been suspended, but he said the school took "measures that were necessary." He said he now wants to meet with his Trinity counterpart to discuss what Central feels happened during the game.
But at Trinity, Principal Denis Mailloux said he's reviewed a video that includes the brawl and saw nothing that would cause him to suspend Trinity students or discipline coach Steve Burns or any assistant coaches.
The brawl can be seen via a Youtube search for NH Sports Page football Central vs Trinity Turkey Bowl highlights. (LINK)
The brawl happened during the Turkey Bowl, a Manchester Thanksgiving tradition that pits the top two city high school football teams against each other. Trinity was enjoying a lopsided score in the third quarter when a Central High player made a delayed hit on a Trinity player, according to the video.
"It's not right for a grown man to be in a minor's face," said the player, who said he was suspended for pushing a Trinity coach.
"I don't know how none of their players are not getting suspended," said the suspended Central player, who said he was hit in the chin by an adult he believes was a Trinity coach.
Trinity's Maillhoux said he'd want to know more about any assault or taunting, but only from Central authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Minimum wages: Maximum spin - 13
- A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth - 1
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal