Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team
Central Principal Ronald Mailhot would not confirm that students had been suspended, but he said the school took "measures that were necessary." He said he now wants to meet with his Trinity counterpart to discuss what Central feels happened during the game.
But at Trinity, Principal Denis Mailloux said he's reviewed a video that includes the brawl and saw nothing that would cause him to suspend Trinity students or discipline coach Steve Burns or any assistant coaches.
The brawl can be seen via a Youtube search for NH Sports Page football Central vs Trinity Turkey Bowl highlights. (LINK)
The brawl happened during the Turkey Bowl, a Manchester Thanksgiving tradition that pits the top two city high school football teams against each other. Trinity was enjoying a lopsided score in the third quarter when a Central High player made a delayed hit on a Trinity player, according to the video.
"It's not right for a grown man to be in a minor's face," said the player, who said he was suspended for pushing a Trinity coach.
"I don't know how none of their players are not getting suspended," said the suspended Central player, who said he was hit in the chin by an adult he believes was a Trinity coach.
Trinity's Maillhoux said he'd want to know more about any assault or taunting, but only from Central authorities.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School board plan to move students draws opposition - 0
- Salem school district unveils new mobile app - 0
- Student impaled by flying golf club at Arkansas fraternity party - 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Back to school at Keene State - 0
- School board holds hearing on proposed charter school in Windham - 0
- Hill district considering three offers where to send middle, high school students - 0
- Program to help hungry Hudson kids with food packages - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Neighborhood group presents award to Manchester police - 0
- Good Samaritans track down man accused of stealing purse - 0
- Concord man charged in downtown stabbing - 0
- GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest - 1
- Traffic signal stop leads to drug arrest in Merrimack - 0
- Brian’s Ride Home benefits Afghanistan veteran - 0
- Red Sox held to one hit as Angels coast to win - 0
- Market Basket: Analysts point to debt - 0
- Goffstown CIP committee wraps up for year, sends work to planning board - 0
Market Basket: Analysts point to debt
Poll: Brown makes gains on Sen. Shaheen