Home » News » Public Safety
Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library
NASHUA — Local authorities are dealing with a second fatal crash this week in Nashua.
Ian Creeden, 41, died after his 1990 Acura Integra struck a utility pole around 7:40 a.m. Wednesday along Court Street near the Nashua Public Library.
Police said Creeden’s vehicle sustained heavy front-end damage, and Court Street was closed while authorities investigated.
Creeden, of Nashua, was transported to Southern New Hampshire Medical Center where he was pronounced dead, according to police.
The Nashua Police Department’s Accident Reconstruction Team is investigating the accident.
“The initial investigation indicated that speed and icy road conditions may have been factors in the crash,” police said in a statement.
The Court Street accident is the second fatal motor-vehicle crash in the city this week. On Monday, Cameron Ricard, 17, of Hollis, died when his pickup truck rolled over on the Exit 1A ramp. That accident is still under investigation by state police.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 3
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 2
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 2
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof