Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem
No fewer than 10 people — inmates and their associates outside the prison gates — were indicted this month by a Coos County Superior Court grand jury on charges of trying to bring contraband into the Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility in Berlin.
The smugglers are often relatives of inmates, said Tim Coulombe, the investigator at the Berlin prison. At least three of those charged this month are not inmates, at least not yet, he said.
The alleged smuggling attempts accounted for 18 of the 79 indictments the grand jury in Lancaster handed up on Dec. 6.
Though the particular drug involved was most often not specified in the indictments, buprenorphine was listed at least twice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth