Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Smuggling drugs into Berlin prison an escalating problem
Correction officials say many attempt to smuggle drugs into the 650-inmate Northern New Hampshire Correction Facility in Berlin. Nine people were indicted this month in Coos County Superior Court in Lancaster on those charges. (COURTESY)
No fewer than 10 people — inmates and their associates outside the prison gates — were indicted this month by a Coos County Superior Court grand jury on charges of trying to bring contraband into the Northern New Hampshire Correctional Facility in Berlin.
The smugglers are often relatives of inmates, said Tim Coulombe, the investigator at the Berlin prison. At least three of those charged this month are not inmates, at least not yet, he said.
The alleged smuggling attempts accounted for 18 of the 79 indictments the grand jury in Lancaster handed up on Dec. 6.
Though the particular drug involved was most often not specified in the indictments, buprenorphine was listed at least twice.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portsmouth Herald sports editor accused of possessing child porn - 0
- Some sex assault charges dismissed against former Nashua coach - 0
- Jury deliberating in Plaistow lawyer’s sex assault trial - 0
- Former Manchester teacher jailed for assaulting student, 6, with soap, pepper - 2
- Derry woman faces charges after nearly hitting Salem police officers - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 3
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Plaistow lawyer found not guilty on all charges in sex assault case - 0
- Vehicle crash on South Willow Street injures two - 0
- Manchester woman accidentally rolls car into Candia pond - 0
- Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it - 3
- Meriam Ibrahim, Sudanese family arriving in Manchester tonight - 2
- Pembroke couple recovering from injuries in Dixville ATV crash - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 8
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 5
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Total Votes: 917