Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges
Darren Hartung, 48, of 38 Kimball St., Goffstown, was indicted by a Merrimack County Superior Court grand jury Nov. 15 on two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault of a 16-year-old student.
The indictments allege Hartung, as her teacher, used his position of authority to coerce the teen to submit.
Hartung taught English at the high school for about 10 years — starting in September 2003 — and was the boys’ track coach from 2006-11 and the boys’ cross-country coach from 2005-12.
Judith D. Fillion, director of the Division of Program Support, New Hampshire Department of Education, said Hartung surrendered his teaching credentials after he was indicted, knowing that they would be revoked.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal