Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges
Darren Hartung, 48, of 38 Kimball St., Goffstown, was indicted by a Merrimack County Superior Court grand jury Nov. 15 on two counts of aggravated felonious sexual assault of a 16-year-old student.
The indictments allege Hartung, as her teacher, used his position of authority to coerce the teen to submit.
Hartung taught English at the high school for about 10 years — starting in September 2003 — and was the boys’ track coach from 2006-11 and the boys’ cross-country coach from 2005-12.
Judith D. Fillion, director of the Division of Program Support, New Hampshire Department of Education, said Hartung surrendered his teaching credentials after he was indicted, knowing that they would be revoked.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry man accused of threatening, sexually assaulting two girls - 1
- Hollis police say stun gun needed on ‘unruly’ man - 0
- AG agrees man who killed woman, 70, in Littleton hotel was insane at time - 1
- Police accuse man of trying to sell guitars, amps taken in Manchester burglary - 0
- Mother and child startled by late-night intruder in their Manchester living room - 0
- Hollis police use stun gun on man described as unruly - 1
- Rochester man arrested after crash in Somersworth - 0
- Dover man accused of trying to sexually assault a girl - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917