ConVal students get a taste of Hollywood
ConVal High School freshman Jill Pierson, 15, and junior Sarah Hurley, 16, work on their screenplays Thursday. (MEGHAN PIERCE/Union Leader Correspondent)
The students are getting a taste of Hollywood in the class that is teaching them to master the craft of writing for film.
"We always wanted to have an educational outreach program," Wiederspahn said. "By the end of (the class), they are going to have a short script."
"The course is basically teaching them how to write. Everything from A to Z," Wiederspahn he said.
"This could totally open a ton of doors if we take it seriously," Zoe Smith, 14, said. "I immediately jumped on this opportunity. I really hope I can get as far as I can with this."
Junior Liam Healey, 16, says he hasn't done a lot of writing outside of school. He was encouraged by a friend to join the class and was soon enthralled with the power of story-telling.
Wiederspahn met with the students one-on-one Thursday to discuss the outline of their scripts. During the 18-week course, he plans to walk them through the outline and first and final drafts of their scripts.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- New Derry school year launch honors everyday heroes - 0
- Stevens High School in Claremont to have start pushed back to Sept. 10 because of renovations - 0
- Plymouth State's $32 million health, track facility seen as student draw - 0
- Free school meals rejected as Manchester board bucks federal program - 48
- Proposed hike for Manchester's driver education course reversed - 1
- With SNHU merger on hold, search renewed for NHIA president - 0
- Interim president encouraging student growth at WMCC - 0
- Pinkerton superintendent tours school in hors- drawn carriage - 1
- Granite State Arts Academy in Derry ready to open its doors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- Former high school art teacher gets suspended sentence in drug case - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Reports: Market Basket doomsday plan would shutter 61 of 71 stores if deal not struck soon
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate