Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry
No injuries were reported in the fire that damaged the interior of the split level ranch home, according to the Derry Fire department.
The first arriving engine reported the fire at 5:37 p.m.
Next-door neighbor Sylvia Sharples was home with her husband, Terry, at the time of the fire. She said she went over to see if the family needed any help.
“It was just smoke; we didn’t see any flames,” Sylvia Sharples said.
Terry Sharples said windows were cracked throughout the house.
“It was coming out of the front and back,” he said. “You could see there was a lot of damage done.”
Forced out of their home by the fire, they are staying with friends, she said.
The cause of the fire is not considered suspicious, but is being investigated by the Derry Fire Prevention Bureau.
The Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the two adults and three children displaced by the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 0
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Giampetruzzi leads Trinity into D-I semis - 0
FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon
Rondo leads Celtics past Nets
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief