Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry
No injuries were reported in the fire that damaged the interior of the split level ranch home, according to the Derry Fire department.
The first arriving engine reported the fire at 5:37 p.m.
Next-door neighbor Sylvia Sharples was home with her husband, Terry, at the time of the fire. She said she went over to see if the family needed any help.
“It was just smoke; we didn’t see any flames,” Sylvia Sharples said.
Terry Sharples said windows were cracked throughout the house.
“It was coming out of the front and back,” he said. “You could see there was a lot of damage done.”
Forced out of their home by the fire, they are staying with friends, she said.
The cause of the fire is not considered suspicious, but is being investigated by the Derry Fire Prevention Bureau.
The Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the two adults and three children displaced by the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire