Home » News » Public Safety
Fire damages interior of home on Bypass 28 in Derry
No injuries were reported in the fire that damaged the interior of the split level ranch home, according to the Derry Fire department.
The first arriving engine reported the fire at 5:37 p.m.
Next-door neighbor Sylvia Sharples was home with her husband, Terry, at the time of the fire. She said she went over to see if the family needed any help.
“It was just smoke; we didn’t see any flames,” Sylvia Sharples said.
Terry Sharples said windows were cracked throughout the house.
“It was coming out of the front and back,” he said. “You could see there was a lot of damage done.”
Forced out of their home by the fire, they are staying with friends, she said.
The cause of the fire is not considered suspicious, but is being investigated by the Derry Fire Prevention Bureau.
The Red Cross responded to the scene to assist the two adults and three children displaced by the fire.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth