Substantial snowfall forecast, with NH coast hit hardest
Forecasters are calling for a coastal storm to develop off the Mid-Atlantic and then move north toward New England.
The jackpot for snow amounts is expected to be on the Seacoast.
The storm will move in by late Saturday afternoon and continue into midday or early afternoon Sunday, Cempa said. Lows on Sunday will likely fall to the single digits in northern New Hampshire to about 15 degrees on the coast.
Workers at the Exeter Department of Public Works spent Thursday putting plows on the fleet of trucks that will be sent out to tackle the first big storm this season.
“It sure beats doing it when it’s actually snowing. It’s nice doing it in the sun,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Double-overtime goal sends Goffstown past John Stark in boys' soccer - 0
- UNH gridders jump one spot in national polls - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey: Merrill's hat trick lifts Winnacunnet - 0
- Manchester teachers to vote again next week on contract - 0
- Nabbed and then cleared by feds, NH man still intends to sell rhino trophy - 0
- Developer says Alexandria wrong to deny tower - 0
- Salem police target ski-jacket thief who used tree branch to hide license plate - 0
- David Harsanyi: Obama acts alone on war, too - 0
- Nashua man was not Mirandized following shooting by police, court documents say - 0
Dover man's nightmare lesson for everyone
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
'Strange ideas' Banning guns made in NH
Personhood Controversial? Really?
License revocations for DWI announced
Dredging planned for Milford's Osgood Pond