Substantial snowfall forecast, with NH coast hit hardest
Forecasters are calling for a coastal storm to develop off the Mid-Atlantic and then move north toward New England.
The jackpot for snow amounts is expected to be on the Seacoast.
The storm will move in by late Saturday afternoon and continue into midday or early afternoon Sunday, Cempa said. Lows on Sunday will likely fall to the single digits in northern New Hampshire to about 15 degrees on the coast.
Workers at the Exeter Department of Public Works spent Thursday putting plows on the fleet of trucks that will be sent out to tackle the first big storm this season.
“It sure beats doing it when it’s actually snowing. It’s nice doing it in the sun,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storm expected to take biggest toll in northern part of state - 0
- Central part of state biggest area of concern in storm - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity