Winter storm brings a foot of snow to most of NH
The storm has left difficult driving conditions on Granite State roads. Public works crews have been working to clear snow, but driving conditions are still difficult.
"Some areas are worse than others, the plow trucks are trying to get ahead of the game, they're doing their best," said State Police Lt. Kevin Duffy. "If you can delay by a couple of hours or even forgo going out, that would be my advice – let them do their jobs and hope for wet and black pavement.
National Weather Service observers reported snow totals raging as high as 14 inches throughout much of the central and southern sections with 10-12 inches in the northwest.
At the Seacoast, where ocean temperatures are still relatively mild, snow accumulations of six to 10 inches were reported by observers. The National Weather Service issued a coastal hazard advisory, warning of the possibility of minor coastal flooding and spillover, especially at times of high tide due to the on-shore winds. High tide Sunday morning at much of the Seacoast was between 9:30-10:00 a.m.
The National Weather Service predicted blowing snow through early afternoon, with partly to mostly cloudy conditions but temperatures in the teens through Monday with wind chill factors below zero.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform