Home » Opinion » Editorials
Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead
Kuster: "I'm pleased that beginning in 2015, Granite Staters will have an additional insurer competing for their business. Increasing competition in the health insurance market will help drive down costs and expand options for consumers in New Hampshire."
Two things are immediately noticeable. One, they continue to speak through the words given them by their party masters. Two, since when has either of them been a vote for increasing competition in health care?
The policies of Shaheen and Shea-Porter, supported by Kuster, directly caused the shrinking of New Hampshire's health insurance marketplace. They continue to support those policies. Their claim to favor competition and choice is a fiction.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
- Loeb School spring classes offer career-change chance - 0
- 'Mathletes' chosen to represent NH in national competition - 1
- Pembroke Academy wants to help at-risk students - 0
- From Russia, with love of numbers at Nashua school - 0
- Great Bay Community College 'boot camp' trains students in precision manufacturing - 0
- Cyber defense competition coming to University of New Hampshire - 0
- Dartmouth College mourns sudden death of student - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'