Mom won't let tough times prevent family time
A refugee from South Sudan, she has been in the Manchester area about a dozen years. She works as a licensed nursing assistant at a Manchester nursing home, and her husband has a temporary job as an assembler.
"It's very frustrating to be working hard and you don't make enough," said Nancy, who asked she be identified with a pseudonym.
The generosity of Santa Fund donors makes it possible for the holidays to still be a joyful time.
The Santa Fund makes food, clothing and gifts available during the holiday season so ?nancially stressed families can put their resources toward paying bills for basic needs.
How to donate
Santa Fund donations can be made by completing the online form by clicking "Donate" below or send a check to:
THE SANTA FUND
You can also drop off the printed form in our newspaper and a donation in the Santa Fund box at the Union Leader, 100 William Loeb Drive in Manchester from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday through Friday. We will also have a donation drop box at the Intown Manchester Holiday Market on Thursday, November 29 and every Thursday in December.
Share a holiday greeting
With your donation, the Union Leader will publish a short holiday message in the newspaper. Just write it up exactly as you would have it appear, printing clearly, and mail it along with your donation. If you prefer to donate online, follow the link on the page following the transaction to submit a Christmas message.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Sprague nets hat trick to lead Central past Trinity - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
George Will: The face of IRS behavior
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?