Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Unlike the Internet, you can trust us for news
None of this fable-spreading is about to disappear. There are too many advertising-sought "hits" on such stories for them to stop.
At Thanksgiving, I had seen some friends online pass along one of these. To me, it sounded both fishy and mean-spirited, in which an airline passenger gets into a foul-mouthed dispute with an old woman wearing a medical mask.
Which is not to say that such companies, our own newspaper and websites included, don't sometimes fall prey to incorrect or false information. But unlike some of these modern media, our old-school editors and reporters actually try to avoid it.
Write to Joe McQuaid at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Twitter at @deucecrew.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- DAV plans meeting - 0
- Carrabba's managers get down and dirty for a good cause - 0
- American Legion national commander to visit NH - 0
- Milford's World War II fallen honored Sunday - 0
- Suicide Prevention Week: NH expert focuses on veterans - 0
- Kuster talks health services with vets, advocates - 0
- Oldest active member of NH chapter of MOAA turns 100 - 0
- NH Veterans Briefs: Londonderry Post 27 will host events - 0
- Gov. Perry calls on vets, other Americans to restore country - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua