Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Salem man faces attempted murder charge for attack on mother
Thomas George was indicted for attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault and a single count of theft by unauthorized taking in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Prosecutors say that George attacked his mother Oct. 24 after the two had a dispute about the amount of Adderall he was taking from his prescription.
George, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood, could face up to life in prison if he is convicted of the attempted murder charge.
Indictments say that George attacked his mother, Catherine, with a knife, stabbing her in the neck, leg and hand. He then hit her in the head with a hammer, prosecutors said.
Catherine George called police around 8 a.m. Oct. 24, saying that her son just stabbed her in the neck, according to police. Police found her inside her home bleeding from the stab wounds. Salem firefighters transported her to Lawrence (Mass.) General Hospital. A Med-Flight then brought her to Brigham and Women's Hospital in Boston because of the severity of her injuries.
She later told police that her son confronted her with a hammer in one hand and a knife in the other.
Catherine George told police that she believed her son was taking a higher dose of his medication than what was prescribed. He allegedly became angry at his mother and accused her of withholding his medication prior to attacking her, according to police.
She had given her son the medication he demanded, but he attacked her anyway and held her down, telling her to "bleed out," police said.
Thomas George then drove to Derry, where he stole a Chevrolet Blazer and drove back to Salem, according to police. A police officer spotted George walking toward his house on foot. He was shirtless, barefoot and had blood on his one foot. Police took him into custody.
He will be arraigned on the charges later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 3
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Total Votes: 917