Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother
Thomas George was indicted for attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault and a single count of theft by unauthorized taking in Rockingham County Superior Court.
George, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood, could face up to life in prison if he is convicted of the attempted murder charge.
He then hit her in the head with a hammer, prosecutors said.
Catherine George called police around 8 a.m. on Oct. 24, saying that her son just stabbed her in the neck, according to police.
Catherine George told police that she believed her son was taking a higher dose of his medication than what was prescribed. He allegedly became angry at his mother, and accused her of withholding his medication prior to attacking her, according to police.
Thomas George then drove to Derry, where he stole a Chevrolet Blazer and drove back to Salem. A police officer spotted George walking toward his house on foot.
He will be arraigned on the charges later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judge hikes bail in sex assault, child porn case - 0
- Judge declines to order mistrial in Derry sex assault case - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Police say homeless man stole car, struck pedestrian - 0
- Police investigating pizza store burglary in Plaistow - 0
- Salem police searching for Dunkin Donuts robber who wore Obama Halloween mask - 2
- Information sought in Keene hair salon burglary attempt - 0
- Two men arrested in Nashua armed robbery - 0
- Elderly Dover woman victim of paving scam, police say - 1
- Man charged with sex assault, sticking woman with hypodermic needle - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 0
- MVP Bumgarner rides to the rescue for Giants' third World Series win in five years - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483