Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother
Thomas George was indicted for attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault and a single count of theft by unauthorized taking in Rockingham County Superior Court.
George, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood, could face up to life in prison if he is convicted of the attempted murder charge.
He then hit her in the head with a hammer, prosecutors said.
Catherine George called police around 8 a.m. on Oct. 24, saying that her son just stabbed her in the neck, according to police.
Catherine George told police that she believed her son was taking a higher dose of his medication than what was prescribed. He allegedly became angry at his mother, and accused her of withholding his medication prior to attacking her, according to police.
Thomas George then drove to Derry, where he stole a Chevrolet Blazer and drove back to Salem. A police officer spotted George walking toward his house on foot.
He will be arraigned on the charges later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 11
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917