Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Salem man facing charge for attempted murder of mother
Thomas George was indicted for attempted murder, two counts of first-degree assault and a single count of theft by unauthorized taking in Rockingham County Superior Court.
George, who is being held at the Rockingham County jail in Brentwood, could face up to life in prison if he is convicted of the attempted murder charge.
He then hit her in the head with a hammer, prosecutors said.
Catherine George called police around 8 a.m. on Oct. 24, saying that her son just stabbed her in the neck, according to police.
Catherine George told police that she believed her son was taking a higher dose of his medication than what was prescribed. He allegedly became angry at his mother, and accused her of withholding his medication prior to attacking her, according to police.
Thomas George then drove to Derry, where he stole a Chevrolet Blazer and drove back to Salem. A police officer spotted George walking toward his house on foot.
He will be arraigned on the charges later this month in Rockingham County Superior Court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council