Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston, is facing a single count of negligent homicide and three counts of second-degree assault for crashing into another boat on Country Pond in Kingston May 26.
Buswell faces assault charges for injuring three other passengers in Eskeland's boat, according to indictments.
Prosecutors said Buswell's failure to look out for other boaters led to the fatal crash, which happened at 11:27 p.m.
Buswell's boat drove over the top of the Sea Ray, killing Eskeland and injuring his passengers, according to prosecutors.
Prosecutors had also filed a misdemeanor vehicle assault charge in the boating case prior to seeking felony indictments.
The indictments mark the second wave of charges against Buswell in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Buswell remains free on $50,000 personal recognizance bail in the sexual assault case, and he will be arraigned on the new charges in the boating case later this month in superior court.
Buswell has been a New Hampshire lawyer since 1986, according to the state's bar directory.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 2
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 1
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 3
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 3
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 2
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 0
- AG says Rockingham County attorney probe 'substantially complete' - 0
- Nashua mayor says finance committee lacked authority to table buying dump trucks - 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief