Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Plaistow lawyer indicted in fatal boat crash
Lawrence Buswell, 53, of Kingston, is facing a single count of negligent homicide and three counts of second-degree assault for crashing into another boat on Country Pond in Kingston May 26.
Buswell faces assault charges for injuring three other passengers in Eskeland's boat, according to indictments.
Prosecutors said Buswell's failure to look out for other boaters led to the fatal crash, which happened at 11:27 p.m.
Buswell's boat drove over the top of the Sea Ray, killing Eskeland and injuring his passengers, according to prosecutors.
Prosecutors had also filed a misdemeanor vehicle assault charge in the boating case prior to seeking felony indictments.
The indictments mark the second wave of charges against Buswell in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Buswell remains free on $50,000 personal recognizance bail in the sexual assault case, and he will be arraigned on the new charges in the boating case later this month in superior court.
Buswell has been a New Hampshire lawyer since 1986, according to the state's bar directory.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917