Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Prosecutors say boater was drunk when passenger was killed in lake accident
Before the start of Monday's trial, the jury looked over Cable's boat under the guidance of Judge Marguerite Wageling, a prosecutor and defense lawyers.
Marine Patrol investigators later seized a bag from Cable's boat with 89 beer cans inside, Blanchard said.
A state expert is expected to testify that Cable was intoxicated based on calculations made from tests that registered his blood-alcohol results at .04 and .03 about six hours after the incident.
"There aren't any independent eyewitnesses to this event," Blanchard said.
Marine Patrol Sgt. Joshua Dirth testified on Monday that when he had Cable in his patrol car, the odor was so pungent he had to roll his window down.
Defense lawyer Peter Anderson said that prosecutors lack evidence that Cable was intoxicated that day.
"What happened is unfortunate and sad, but it's not a crime, and he's not guilty," Anderson said.
"A total of 16 people shared that garbage bag," Anderson said.
He suggested that jurors will not be getting an unbiased opinion from the state's expert who will be called to testify about Cable's blood-alcohol level.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested in Nashua market robbery - 0
- Fugitive of the week arrested in Maine - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- UPDATED: Rochester man shot multiple times as police attempted arrest - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 0
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 4
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal