Home » News » Public Safety
Keene fire destroys house, no injuries reported
"Basically the house was destroyed. The entire attic area of the house was destroyed by fire," Fire Chief Mark Howard said Monday afternoon.
The fire department received numerous calls around 10:28 a.m. reporting smoke and fire coming out of the attic of a one-story ranch at 2 Ryder St.
Firefighters found heavy fire involving an addition of the ranch through the roof and extensive smoke coming out of the attic space of the house, Howard said.
"The entire attic area of the entire structure was engulfed within about 10 minutes," Howard said.
Keene fire investigators are working to pinpoint the cause and origin of the fire, however, at this time it appears it was a wood stove fire, Howard said. "It's not felt to be suspicious. We believe it's going to be related to a heating, wood stove application."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'