Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive
James Paul, 33, of 32A Route 101A, Amherst, has been charged with attempted unauthorized use of a propelled vehicle.
Linehan said police located both men involved and learned that Paul allegedly tried to steal the idling, vacant car. The vehicle's owner, whose name was not immediately released by police, retrieved a handgun and pointed it at Paul in an attempt to detain him until authorities arrived.
Police are continuing to investigate the incident, but said the vehicle's owner does have a permit to carry a concealed weapon.
The area near the parking lot was temporarily shut down while police investigated. Witnesses were in the area and provided statements to investigators, said Linehan.
"We are still looking into that," said Linehan. "It is too early to tell."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917