Firm applies to build wind turbines in Danbury, Alexandria that could power 30,000 homes
Residents in the Newfound Lake area opposed to the project say by submitting the plan, Iberdrola officials are ignoring overwhelming votes in opposition to the project at town meetings in March in the two towns.
Iberdrola officials said they submitted the application "after considerable input" from local communities and consultation with state agencies, which led to significant changes in the project's proposed configuration."
The SEC review process for the project is expected to last about one year.
The SEC will announce hearings in January on complaints from residents in Groton that the company has not lived up to its agreements. The company says it has met the SEC's requirements in Groton.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Justice returns to North Country alma mater to speak to students - 0
- New program recognizes Colebrook students for volunteering - 0
- Belmont students consider dropping 'offensive' mascot - 41
- At presentation at Manchester firm Dyn, middle schoolers learn STEAM Ahead could lead to cool career - 1
- New Belmont principal excited to move to NH - 0
- 2 finalists for Central High principal to meet public Wednesday - 0
- Nashua board to hear about new writing course - 0
- Plymouth High student upholds family tradition - 0
- VEX robotics teams practice for world championships - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Track Preview: Jenkins paces defending champ North - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Track Preview: McCabe, Parker lead way - 0
- Manchester DPW chief says up to 20 layoffs possible with proposed budget - 7
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: O’Neill’s injury leaves offensive void - 0
- Allen Lessels' On Baseball: No doubt about it, Fisher Cats still confident - 0
- Another View -- Bobby Jindal: NH should trust parents to choose schools - 1
- Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH - 2
- Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: A $400 million hole was just blown in the state budget - 0
Taxes and spending: Washington vs. NH
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Texting while stopped: Banning safe behavior
School fights mascot battle