Home » News » Public Safety
Propane truck overturns on Bow side street
An overturned propane truck on a Bow side street Wednesday resulted in no known injuries, but brought down live electrical wires and will take several hours to clear the roadway.
The truck flipped on White Rock Hill Road about 1 p.m., a fire official said. There are no reported injuries and no plans to evacuate the area, the official said.
Fire crews are waiting for Unitil to arrive to disconnect electrical wires.
The contents of the overturned truck then must be transferred to another propane truck before a wrecker can upright the vehicle and remove it from the roadway, the fire official said.
The process could take several hours, he said.
The cause of the rollover is not immediately known.
This is the second accident involving a propane truck on New Hampshire roadways Wednesday. Another crashed on Interstate-293 in Manchester in the morning, closing the highway.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election