Home » News » Public Safety
Propane truck overturns on Bow side street
An overturned propane truck on a Bow side street Wednesday resulted in no known injuries, but brought down live electrical wires and will take several hours to clear the roadway.
The truck flipped on White Rock Hill Road about 1 p.m., a fire official said. There are no reported injuries and no plans to evacuate the area, the official said.
Fire crews are waiting for Unitil to arrive to disconnect electrical wires.
The contents of the overturned truck then must be transferred to another propane truck before a wrecker can upright the vehicle and remove it from the roadway, the fire official said.
The process could take several hours, he said.
The cause of the rollover is not immediately known.
This is the second accident involving a propane truck on New Hampshire roadways Wednesday. Another crashed on Interstate-293 in Manchester in the morning, closing the highway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 0
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
- Ian Clark's High School Hockey: Teams anxious to play - 0
- Manchester Mayor Gatsas: Vote tells me Hooksett is satisfied with Manchester schools - 0
- After Pinkerton rejection, what's next for Hooksett students? - 0
- Nashua aldermen approve pair of union contracts - 0
- Was a crime committed? Nashua police are not certain - 0
- Nashua must decide on parkway project's bridge aesthetics - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal
Hooksett has five new school board members
A CIA bombshell: Feinstein and the Fourth