Home » News » Public Safety
Propane truck overturns on Bow side street
An overturned propane truck on a Bow side street Wednesday resulted in no known injuries, but brought down live electrical wires and will take several hours to clear the roadway.
The truck flipped on White Rock Hill Road about 1 p.m., a fire official said. There are no reported injuries and no plans to evacuate the area, the official said.
Fire crews are waiting for Unitil to arrive to disconnect electrical wires.
The contents of the overturned truck then must be transferred to another propane truck before a wrecker can upright the vehicle and remove it from the roadway, the fire official said.
The process could take several hours, he said.
The cause of the rollover is not immediately known.
This is the second accident involving a propane truck on New Hampshire roadways Wednesday. Another crashed on Interstate-293 in Manchester in the morning, closing the highway.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 4
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
- Officials: Manchester's crime rate showing sizable decline - 0
- Spaulding Turnpike speed limit headed up from 55 to 65 - 0
- Chemical spill at Nashua North sends 6 to hospital - 0
- Enfield home destroyed by 3-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- On naming the victim: It is Kibby's story now - 0
- Derry Council revises tax cut goal - 0
- Police remove dogs, cats and pig from Derry home after report of strong odor - 0
- Former New London police chief settles with female accuser - 0
- Alleged parental kidnapper arraigned, ordered held on $250,000 cash bail - 0
- Reports: Celtics near completion of Rondo deal - 0
- Grid coach Cote, BG go their separate ways - 0
- Former owners of 'casualty' of Northern Pass file appeal - 0
- Boston Marathon bombing suspect appears in court as trial date approaches - 0
Enter to win tickets to see Tom Chapin
BANANAS and NH's energy needs
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
NH reacts to thaw with Cuba
Vermont's disaster: An Obamedy of errors
Arrest of dad at Gilford School Board meeting about Picoult book 'chilling' says judge, case dismissed
Convicted murderer entitled to hearing on new DNA evidence after 42 years, Supreme Court rules