Home » News » Public Safety
Propane truck overturns on Bow side street
An overturned propane truck on a Bow side street Wednesday resulted in no known injuries, but brought down live electrical wires and will take several hours to clear the roadway.
The truck flipped on White Rock Hill Road about 1 p.m., a fire official said. There are no reported injuries and no plans to evacuate the area, the official said.
Fire crews are waiting for Unitil to arrive to disconnect electrical wires.
The contents of the overturned truck then must be transferred to another propane truck before a wrecker can upright the vehicle and remove it from the roadway, the fire official said.
The process could take several hours, he said.
The cause of the rollover is not immediately known.
This is the second accident involving a propane truck on New Hampshire roadways Wednesday. Another crashed on Interstate-293 in Manchester in the morning, closing the highway.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents