Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey
CONCORD — A man featured Tuesday as the fugitive of the week was arrested Wednesday after investigators found him hiding under a bed at a family member’s home in Jaffrey.
James Michael Porter Jr., 42, was wanted on warrants from U.S. District Court for escape, according to the U.S. Marshals Service.
He was serving a sentence from a 2010 conviction for interstate transportation of stolen property when he left a Manchester halfway house on Nov. 27 and never returned.
Investigators with the U.S. Marshal’s Fugitive Task Force developed information that led them to the relative’s North Street home in Jaffrey where Porter was arrested late Wednesday morning.
Porter will be required to complete his federal prison sentence for the prior conviction, in addition to any sentence imposed on the new escape charge, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917