Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus
HOLLIS — Santa Claus paid an unannounced visit to Hollis Primary School Thursday morning, waving at students through windows and causing concern for school officials who called police.
Police said a school official called them just before 10 a.m. after Santa showed up and ran around the school waving to students in classrooms.
Santa's actions caused concern, police said, because no one knew who the man dressed as Santa was, and he left school grounds before police could speak to him.
Other schools in Hollis and Brookline were notified of the incident, and the school district also informed parents.
About 12:30 p.m., the man who dressed as Santa called police telling them he was a town resident who just wanted to spread some holiday cheer. Police said he did not understand how his actions would be perceived.
He had no ill intentions and police said he will not be charged in connection with the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 1
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 4
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
- American Ambulance Service gets accreditation from industry group - 0
- Canaan man dies after vehicle falls on him - 1
- Police say party near Keene State got out of control, became 'mass casualty incident' - 19
- KSC president 'saddened and disheartened' at Pumpkin Festival mayhem - 2
- More violence at Keene - 3
- Londonderry man killed in Massachusetts motorcycle crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Flash mob workshop will be a 'Thriller' - 0
- Former Royals slugger and current Giants scout Balboni's heart remains with San Francisco - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: The pesky problem of financing inventions - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 0
- What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy - 2
- Government thinks it's your right not to know - 0
- On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it - 2
- Two nonprofits receive a 'quick' $25,000 after pitch - 0
- Big step forward for Littleton outdoor footwear manufacturer - 0
Keene Pumpkin Festival has uncertain future
Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault
Monitoring social media
Shaheen, in Hooksett, rallies with union
After riots, soul-searching begins
On Obamacare: Shaheen doesn't get it
What rising tide? Kuster vs. Kennedy