Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus
HOLLIS — Santa Claus paid an unannounced visit to Hollis Primary School Thursday morning, waving at students through windows and causing concern for school officials who called police.
Police said a school official called them just before 10 a.m. after Santa showed up and ran around the school waving to students in classrooms.
Santa's actions caused concern, police said, because no one knew who the man dressed as Santa was, and he left school grounds before police could speak to him.
Other schools in Hollis and Brookline were notified of the incident, and the school district also informed parents.
About 12:30 p.m., the man who dressed as Santa called police telling them he was a town resident who just wanted to spread some holiday cheer. Police said he did not understand how his actions would be perceived.
He had no ill intentions and police said he will not be charged in connection with the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 2
- Fire rips through Rochester industrial complex - 0
- Report due soon on alleged abuse at neuro-rehab centers - 0
- Five state police cruisers among many accidents due to storm - 0
- Person found dead in Manchester alley - 0
- Rymes Oil employees pull Bradford man from flaming wreck, but driver succumbs to injuries - 0
- Keene man killed in work accident in Troy Monday - 0
- Teen driver dies after being pulled from icy waters in Londonderry - 8
- Trio escapes Claremont fire after smoke wakes resident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins - 0
- Dowd's goal wins for Manchester - 0
- John Habib's City Sports:'Moment' is here: Derryfield CC renovation begins - 0
- Driver charged with DWI after mayhem on I-293 - 0
- Department of Employment Security sends confidential ID info to wrong firms - 0
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 0
- Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding - 0
- Hot deals, warm shoppers - 0
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
Man allegedly tries to run over officer in Manchester, police van crashes while responding
Day Three in the dark for many in NH
Derry holiday parade to be held today
Hamilton's OT goal wins for Bruins
Hot deals, warm shoppers