Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus
HOLLIS — Santa Claus paid an unannounced visit to Hollis Primary School Thursday morning, waving at students through windows and causing concern for school officials who called police.
Police said a school official called them just before 10 a.m. after Santa showed up and ran around the school waving to students in classrooms.
Santa's actions caused concern, police said, because no one knew who the man dressed as Santa was, and he left school grounds before police could speak to him.
Other schools in Hollis and Brookline were notified of the incident, and the school district also informed parents.
About 12:30 p.m., the man who dressed as Santa called police telling them he was a town resident who just wanted to spread some holiday cheer. Police said he did not understand how his actions would be perceived.
He had no ill intentions and police said he will not be charged in connection with the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again