Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus
HOLLIS — Santa Claus paid an unannounced visit to Hollis Primary School Thursday morning, waving at students through windows and causing concern for school officials who called police.
Police said a school official called them just before 10 a.m. after Santa showed up and ran around the school waving to students in classrooms.
Santa's actions caused concern, police said, because no one knew who the man dressed as Santa was, and he left school grounds before police could speak to him.
Other schools in Hollis and Brookline were notified of the incident, and the school district also informed parents.
About 12:30 p.m., the man who dressed as Santa called police telling them he was a town resident who just wanted to spread some holiday cheer. Police said he did not understand how his actions would be perceived.
He had no ill intentions and police said he will not be charged in connection with the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 6
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief