Home » News » Public Safety
Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus
HOLLIS — Santa Claus paid an unannounced visit to Hollis Primary School Thursday morning, waving at students through windows and causing concern for school officials who called police.
Police said a school official called them just before 10 a.m. after Santa showed up and ran around the school waving to students in classrooms.
Santa's actions caused concern, police said, because no one knew who the man dressed as Santa was, and he left school grounds before police could speak to him.
Other schools in Hollis and Brookline were notified of the incident, and the school district also informed parents.
About 12:30 p.m., the man who dressed as Santa called police telling them he was a town resident who just wanted to spread some holiday cheer. Police said he did not understand how his actions would be perceived.
He had no ill intentions and police said he will not be charged in connection with the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus