Home » News » Public Safety
Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas
The 89-year-old doesn’t hesitate to wish others a happy holiday even though her Christmas won’t be as bright this year.
Last week, a fire damaged a mobile home she purchased in Exeter a few years ago to help out family members who needed a place to live.
Pimentel is thankful no one was hurt in the blaze, which broke out around 1 a.m. Dec. 10.
Cathy Pimentel said the cause of the fire is believed to be an electrical problem caused by a pellet stove. They awoke to the fire, but managed to escape unharmed.
Frances Pimentel had just spent $12,000 renovating the home, which was not yet insured. She was waiting until the renovations were finished, her granddaughter said.
“We’re anxious to be in our own place and give everybody peace of mind, but I’m grateful I have a place to stay,” said Cathy, who also helps her grandmother with transportation and other care.
“There’s so much stuff I have to throw away, but it’s not a total loss,” Cathy said.
“I don’t know what I’m going to do. I’m just trying to piece everything back together,” she said.
“I feel so bad, and I just want to do everything I can do to help,” said Gilman-White, an insurance agent with Brownell Insurance in Hampton.
Gift, toy and clothing donations may be brought to Brownell Insurance, 860 Lafayette Road. No. 2, in Hampton. To schedule a pickup, call Gilman-White at 770-8431 or e-mail email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
- 'He is risen': 'As he said' - 0
- A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data - 0
- City budget talk: How about solutions instead? - 0
- Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Defense has let Sox down so far - 0
- General says NH Guard sites foster '2nd-class' image - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire