Mailboxes casualty of first snowstorm
One of as many as 30 mailboxes damaged by a plow in this weekend's snowstorm. (Mark Hayward/ Union Leader)
City officials say as many as 30 roadside mailboxes in the Rosecliff neighborhood were damaged during plowing that followed this weekend's snowstorm, the first significant snowfall of the season. The boxes can be seen on a drive through the neighborhood, which is located off Bodwell Road.One has been strapped back to the post with bungee cords. Some are sitting on a platform vertically, still capable of receiving mail. Others remain on the ground, where they ended up after being struck by a plow Sunday.
Bennett's box was damaged, despite the three reflectors he installed beside it. He his mailbox should last until spring, when the city said it will replace the damaged post.
Bennett said the driver stopped then kept going. As he went down the street, he kept stopping and then going forward, Bennett said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 6.0 earthquake strikes California wine country - 0
- Heavy rain saturates NH in a matter of two hours - 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 1
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'