Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts
He also faces a misdemeanor sexual assault charge.
Prosecutors say Ferland was free on bail at the time of the alleged assault, awaiting trial on charges of manufacturing and possessing child pornography. He was indicted on those charges, involving another girl, in June.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit. Police say Ferland had a sexual encounter with the girl at a baseball park off of Elm Street.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home. He allegedly sent sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sugar Hill man pleads guilty to criminal trespassing - 0
- Ex-Connecticut governor guilty of violating federal campaign laws - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for violating restraining order - 2
- Police release photos from alleged hotel robbery - 0
- Nashua driver charged after crashing car 25 minutes after getting 92-mph speeding ticket - 1
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 2
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Son says shooting of mom during DEA raid was a mistake - 28
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917