Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts
He also faces a misdemeanor sexual assault charge.
Prosecutors say Ferland was free on bail at the time of the alleged assault, awaiting trial on charges of manufacturing and possessing child pornography. He was indicted on those charges, involving another girl, in June.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit. Police say Ferland had a sexual encounter with the girl at a baseball park off of Elm Street.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home. He allegedly sent sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Teen recruited juvenile for burglaries - 0
- Cell phones, speakers stolen in separate incidents - 0
- Police say three lured contractor to robbery through Craigslist - 0
- Little League speakers stolen from Precourt Park - 0
- Ex-Fortune 500 executive now facing assault charge in addition to murder counts - 0
- Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison - 0
- Prosecutors to ask 4 years in prison for former Manchester diocese official - 0
- Stolen scratch tickets lead police to Portsmouth suspect - 0
- Mass. man indicted on kidnapping, sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Candia teen faces more counts in connection with burglary - 0
- Ellsbury propels Yanks over Sox - 0
- Bruins shut out Wings - 0
- Phaneuf leads Derryfield laxers past Pelham - 0
- High School Volleyball results - 0
- House committee opposes bill to keep mental health records out of federal gun checks - 0
- Derry library's proposed 2015 budget moves forward - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs find a home away from home - 0
- Fish & Game Club planning ahead for fireworks event - 0
Younger of two brothers convicted of murdering parents quietly released after 18 years in prison
High School Volleyball results
Bruins shut out Wings
Shaheen touts land conservation fund
Prepare to pay more to park in Manchester
Secret arrests? Not if we can help it
Latest Groton wind farm fight: Snow plowing
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917