Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts
He also faces a misdemeanor sexual assault charge.
Prosecutors say Ferland was free on bail at the time of the alleged assault, awaiting trial on charges of manufacturing and possessing child pornography. He was indicted on those charges, involving another girl, in June.
She and Ferland decided to meet at a local bus stop while communicating through Pinger, a text messaging service used on computers, according to a police affidavit. Police say Ferland had a sexual encounter with the girl at a baseball park off of Elm Street.
Hampton police said they arrested Ferland on Feb. 20 while executing a search warrant at his home. He allegedly sent sexually explicit photos of his 17-year-old ex-girlfriend to her father.
A conviction for manufacture of child sexual abuse images carries a state prison sentence of up to 15 to 30 years behind bars.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 0
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 0
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 0
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 0
- Conway adult tests positive for EEE - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
Market Basket: 'So close, yet so far'
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917