Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit
On Friday, Dec. 13, the system he installed captured someone using a knife to slash inflatable outdoor holiday decorations at the Don Mac Drive residence.
"It's not an overwhelmingly large display, but it's a cute display and the kids get enjoyment out of it," Bourque said. "That's really why we do it — it's for the kids. So, having it cut up like it was last Friday was heartbreaking."
The 25-second-long video has appeared on some area media websites, Bourque said.
"We figured that this was the right thing to do," Catlin said. "It's part of our core value that Home Depot is giving back to community whenever we can. We want to try to right a wrong whenever possible."
Bourque said he has turned over a copy of the video to police, and they have attempted to enhance the images.
"This was very intentional — very long cuts," he said. "This time, they really intended to destroy it," he said.
Neighbors have been sympathetic and said they hope the person responsible for it will be caught. But no one has stepped forward yet with any information, he said.He said the video of the incident has appeared on local television broadcasts and YouTube. Boston television stations and even a Portland, Maine, station have also covered the story.He said he hopes all of the media attention will help lead to the capture of the individual who committed the vandalism.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Derry Police Department at 432-6111.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief