Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit
On Friday, Dec. 13, the system he installed captured someone using a knife to slash inflatable outdoor holiday decorations at the Don Mac Drive residence.
"It's not an overwhelmingly large display, but it's a cute display and the kids get enjoyment out of it," Bourque said. "That's really why we do it — it's for the kids. So, having it cut up like it was last Friday was heartbreaking."
The 25-second-long video has appeared on some area media websites, Bourque said.
"We figured that this was the right thing to do," Catlin said. "It's part of our core value that Home Depot is giving back to community whenever we can. We want to try to right a wrong whenever possible."
Bourque said he has turned over a copy of the video to police, and they have attempted to enhance the images.
"This was very intentional — very long cuts," he said. "This time, they really intended to destroy it," he said.
Neighbors have been sympathetic and said they hope the person responsible for it will be caught. But no one has stepped forward yet with any information, he said.He said the video of the incident has appeared on local television broadcasts and YouTube. Boston television stations and even a Portland, Maine, station have also covered the story.He said he hopes all of the media attention will help lead to the capture of the individual who committed the vandalism.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Derry Police Department at 432-6111.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth