Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Vandal caught on video slashing holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit
On Friday, Dec. 13, the system he installed captured someone using a knife to slash inflatable outdoor holiday decorations at the Don Mac Drive residence.
"It's not an overwhelmingly large display, but it's a cute display and the kids get enjoyment out of it," Bourque said. "That's really why we do it — it's for the kids. So, having it cut up like it was last Friday was heartbreaking."
The 25-second-long video has appeared on some area media websites, Bourque said.
"We figured that this was the right thing to do," Catlin said. "It's part of our core value that Home Depot is giving back to community whenever we can. We want to try to right a wrong whenever possible."
Bourque said he has turned over a copy of the video to police, and they have attempted to enhance the images.
"This was very intentional — very long cuts," he said. "This time, they really intended to destroy it," he said.
Neighbors have been sympathetic and said they hope the person responsible for it will be caught. But no one has stepped forward yet with any information, he said.He said the video of the incident has appeared on local television broadcasts and YouTube. Boston television stations and even a Portland, Maine, station have also covered the story.He said he hopes all of the media attention will help lead to the capture of the individual who committed the vandalism.
Anyone with information on the incident is asked to call the Derry Police Department at 432-6111.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- Comcast-Time Warner Cable deal would create formidable giant - 0
- NH College Notebook: Rye's Drummond sets Smith College scoring mark - 0
- NHIAA Hockey Roundup: John Stark-Hopkinton eliminates Portsmouth - 0
- Livingston scores twice as Monarchs top Providence - 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Bedford girls top Trinity to advance - 0
- Ham radio introduction and class - 0
- NHIAA Hockey: Bedford rolls past Lebanon, into D-II semis - 0
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin?
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness
George Will: The face of IRS behavior