Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly
Rumors have spread around town since the power-generating windmills stopped turning at the end of last week. Some thought the state had shut the operation down, as state officials are considering whether Groton Wind should have its operating certificate suspended or revoked.
"We are doing some work on some power line poles at the Groton Wind Farm," Cherian said. "That work requires the project to be de-energized."
There have been complaints and concerns raised against Groton Wind from residents, the state fire marshal, and the neighboring town of Rumney. The state's Site Evaluation Committee, the permitting authority for such projects, will schedule hearings in late January on the complaints.
Cherian and other Iberdrola officials have said they are in compliance with state codes and conditions for the plant, and say they are responding and have responded to the complaints and concerns raised.
The stoppage of operations was done "in accordance with standard industry safety practices," Cherian said.
"The Federal Aviation Administration, ISO-New England, and Public Service Company of New Hampshire were all informed, as is standard operating procedure."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Brandon Ross: A sure-fire way to eradicate NH's 'spice' problem - 0
- Another View: Jeanne Shaheen was M.I.A. on VA reform - 24
- Paul Holloway: NH's community colleges prepare for a new era - 2
- Betsy McCaughey: More ways Washington squanders your money - 5
- Pat Buchanan: Let Congress vote on Iraq War III - 1
- Who is minding those who mind the store at NH State House? - 4
- Jonah Goldberg: America's selective Libertarianism - 6
- Charles Krauthammer: Why Hillary got it right - 11
- George Will: President Obama in a stew over inversions - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
ISIS beheads NH journalist